In a frenzy of spring cleaning I decided to take down some 1980’s knotty pine paneling and re-do the kitchen walls. I stuck the kiddo on the kitchen table to show off this just finished dress against the clean empty wall, something there isn’t any of in our house normally.
I bought this fabric in Barcelona, before this girly was even a thought in my head, and stashed it away for a unknown project.
It is a lovely lightweight cotton that is top stitched with a lovely thick white embroidery and has a cotton lining that is a delicate backer to the embroidery.
The fabric was well suited to this little project, sweet little elastic puff sleeves and it is somewhat formal without being too crisp.
The pattern was super great, just enough fullness in just the right places. I made a big fat hem in case I might be able to let it out and get a few more months out of it later on.