Perry Moffitt

December 22, 2008

Wedding quilt, a preview…

The design has evolved. For the bride’s wedding shower I made 2 pillowcases out of some of the fabric. It took her a minute to realize what they were, but she seemed to like the fabrics, the comedy of the situation is the edging I used was the ship fabric and I took it out of the quilt because it just didn’t match very well.

dscf14811

I found a fabric with sand dollars that I added and I had some good luck with fading the sea shell fabric.  Thanks Rhea for the Martha Stewart sugestion! I found that article and it suggest 2 to one water to bleach. It was pretty good result but it made it very yellow. I picked up some Rit Color Remover (you know, next to all the Rit dye that you use for tie dying) and that got rid of some of the yellow and and some more color.

dscf1483

now, here is the real question, did I succeed in making a white and tan quilt? She got all of her bedding at the wedding shower and every last bit was “hotel white” which is what sent be back to the fabric store to pick up that white on white print that I like to think looks like sea urchins. Fingers crossed that it is “white” enough… Oh and fingers crossed that I will find the time to quilt it before the new years wedding!

***UPDATE**** finished quilt here****

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: